Thursday, June 10, 2021

The Search

 To know that there is search is to be on to something, so said Walker Percy who wrote the novel, The Moviegoer.  I try to keep myself open to this search and not get caught up in becoming fully immersed in the routines of everyday.  What is the search about?  For me, it is about there being something deeper, something of great meaning within the routines and/or beneath them.  So I try for some quiet introspection early each morning.  Meditation yes, but also just sitting with a cup of coffee and see what might arise as I put aside my daily bucket list or today’s bucket list of tasks.  It is the letting go of the routine, the habit of getting on with the next thing, that opens me to something.  This something is the hidden, as if meaning was shy but hopeful of my attention.  The important thing is first to know there is something within worth searching for.  

1 comment:

  1. You always make my heart smile, Father Ryan. Thank you and have a blessed day with all of the little big things, as I like to call those moments. :)

    ReplyDelete