Thursday, June 24, 2021

Foreign Language

 When I was in Mexico, I often felt so alone, with people all around me speaking a language I had not yet learned.  But was I so really alone?  There is always the language of Silence.  It is the language of the Divine, the Mystical, The Soul, and it waits to speak to me from within or from some event or sign around me.  I but need to learn to listen.  Even in the midst of people speaking in ways I do not understand, I am connected with this Silence, if I but open the ears of my heart.  I try to keep this in mind when I am surrounded by people I do not know, especially in travel or churches.  I am never alone though I can feel alone.  The Silence can change the feeling.  Solitude does not meaning being just with myself.  That would be disaster as I tend to dip toward insanity.  I am always with the One, who is in me and through me and around me.  

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate this new lens to use when in unknown social situations. I think it will be a useful tool and help me avoid feeling awkward and out of place if there isn't some unspoken way to be of service to those around me. I don't seem to encounter that unease when I'm actually alone perhaps because it's easier to feel the company of God. Thank you, Father Ryan and hugs across the miles. :)

    ReplyDelete