Thursday, June 3, 2021

Talk Or Walk

 I must admit that there are too many times I talk a good message of wisdom, but do not practice it in my own life that very same day.  I am teaching on zoom and I do sound good, knowledgeable, wise, or at least I think so.  But those very things I talk about, I seem not to be doing.  I allow fear, anxiety and self-pity to sap my energy from living in peace and serenity, much less happiness and joy.  I tend to take situations that require some choice, some solution, and make them into impossible problems.  I fear that I will make a wrong decision, because the right one does not seem clear.  Life overwhelms me, and then I tend to do nothing.  But doing nothing, making no decision, at that very moment of travail, is often the right thing to do.  I pick up some wisdom literature, certainly not one of my blogs on personal ineptitude, read a bit to get a new focus, and then sit quietly and let my heart become still.  Often the Light comes on.  I am the problem and not the solution.  The problem is not “out there” but “in here.”  I stop thinking so much about me and my world, as I imagine it, and just let this Light and me be.  Anxiety and fear seem to slip away.  Sanity rises up!  And I walk the walk.  

No comments:

Post a Comment