Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Eyes

 I can no more see God than I can see my eyes.  Yes, with a mirror, I can see my eyes.  But otherwise no.  The one thing the eye cannot do is see itself seeing.  And so it is with my God who is as much a part of me as are my eyes and in the same way.  I cannot see God because God is not an object out there.  Nor can I see God inside me with my imagination or mental pictures.  All I would get is distortions probably manufactured by my ego’s need for some security and assurance.  I can experience God just as I can experience seeing.  To see is a verb, not a thing or object.  I experience my eyes seeing.  My eyes are not things that I look at.  So too, I can experience God, as Love, but not as some object that loves.  My best seeing of the Love, is when I close my eyes and let go of focus on images.  The Light in the Darkness.  And the light overcomes the darkness.  

No comments:

Post a Comment