Sunday, June 27, 2021

Detachment

 It is easier for me to become detached from outside things than from inside things.  I can give up a food, or give up TV, but it is much harder to give up ego and self-will.  I pat myself on the back for giving something up but find that I still have the same negative, judgmental, irritable response to things that happen in my daily life.  My ego does not want to give up its reign.  My ego does not care a fin for whatever outside thing I give up, as long as the ego is allowed to enjoy a certain sense of power, security and esteem.  Are these bad things?  The ego can never get enough of this stuff.  It’s mantra is “more.”  My power can give up meat.  But a Greater Power is needed for me to detach from all this ego control.  Thus I practice a prayer of letting go and letting my God.  Letting my God do what?  Deal with my fragile ego.  

No comments:

Post a Comment