Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Buried Alive

Whenever I try to bury a feeling, I bury it alive.  Yucky!  Rather, I find it better to recognize the feeling, give it a name, if I can, and let it run its course while not letting it control my actions.  While I am aware of the feeling, in this case a disturbing one, I ask why, or what is it all about.  Over time, I can identify the reason that this feeling is acting up in me.  I often find that it connects with some personal past history, or some judgment I make, or false pride, or fear of one thing or another.  This process then educates me about myself, my shortcomings and why I have them.  Over time, the same cause and effect stuff comes up and I quickly recognize it as "old stuff" and the feeling then often loses its energy to control my actions.  Most of the time now, I just laugh at myself and move on to becoming a bit more useful to the world and people around me.  

1 comment:

  1. You always know how to speak to my heart and I can't thank you enough, Father Ryan. :) Enjoy the fall trees up there! Hugs and love across the miles

    ReplyDelete