Monday, September 13, 2021

The "Right" Who?

From time to time someone might say, "I hope I meet the right person."  This is usually in finding a partner for one thing or another, or a mate.  It could be for a job one is interviewing for.  Or one might hope to meet the "right" people at an event they are attending as a newcomer or stranger.  But someone reminded me that maybe I should focus on being the right person someone else might want to meet.  Why don't I try to be the person someone might want to be with?  Be the best, real me that I can be.  This is a spiritual process, becoming the real me, because I need to be able to spend quiet, alone time with me and reflect to myself where and when I am most honest,  or most phoney, or fearful of being who I believe I am.  At some point in this process I will need to accept myself, being the truest me.  If I cannot spend time with me, and accept me, why should anyone else want to spend time with me, much less accept me.  When fear is in control I tend to present a mask, an adjusted me that you will accept.  When Love for who and how God made me, along with accepting my life scars, is in focus, I am my best self and that is my truest self.   

No comments:

Post a Comment