Monday, September 27, 2021

Perspective

I hear people say that Covid curtails their freedom.  They talk about all the things they cannot do now because of restrictions, or safety issues.  Well, I try to keep things in perspective.  I am not incarcerated, in prison, where all my freedoms are curtailed.  And when I hear about people in prison who have found recovery from addictions that may very well have contributed to their being in prison, they sound full of gratitude. They are grateful for an inner freedom.  Where is my gratitude for the life I do have in the outside world?  Gratitude or whining?   

3 comments:

  1. Covid is curtailing freedoms. We have a lot of people suffering out there and no, not because they can no longer enjoy a restaurant date or some shopping. Real people with real medical crises cannot even go be treated at a hospital unless they accept getting jabbed with an experiment. People are dying and you are calling them whiny, complainers! You, sir, are a hypocrite! You should be out there helping the poor and suffering instead of painting all with the same brush and criticizing them. We are NOT all the same and many need help now, not your judgement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Real people are suffering! Not because they can no longer enjoy outings such as restaurant dates or shopping. Some people are suffering medical crises because they cannot get help at a hospital unless they agree to get suck with an experiment. Yes, our freedoms do seem to be gone and you claiming people are whiners disgusts me. What a hypocrite you are for judging everyone the same. We are NOT all the same!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel I must say that I heard something different in this blog. It may have started with a reflection on items that have been shared with you but the point I heard was of inner reflection, not a general assumption. Being granted bonus days by finding recovery through God's grace allows me to focus on where I personally am in each day. Am I looking inside, and therefore to God, in gratitude or getting caught up in a different attitude of self pity? The choice is a gift given to me and for which I am grateful. I learn so much from the rooms, I always get something from your blog and inner reflections. Thanks you for being such a light to others, Father Ryan - you mean the world to me. With love, hugs and sunshine across the miles! :)

    ReplyDelete