Thursday, September 9, 2021

Inked

 Getting inked refers now to tattoos.  When I first heard “inked” I thought of the old memo machines that made copies of stuff I used for CCD classes.  I would get ink all over my hands at times from the copy sheets.  But it would come off with washing, a lot.  A tattoo is rather permanent.  But our state of mind, opinions, views on things, can change as we grow in experiences.  The tattoo says who one is at that moment in time.  The moment changes.  You change.  The tattoo remains, like memorabilia, but it attaches to you and cannot be put into a memory box or garage storage.  Tattoos can be the result of a drunken night with the boys.  Whatever.  You get sobriety but the tattoo reminds you of the past.  I avoided a tattoo out of fear. I did not like the needle.  Some fears are good.  When we say forever it has consequences.  

No comments:

Post a Comment