Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Peacemaker

 When I am at odds with someone, or feel wronged, I think that often the role and energy for peacemaking and reconciliation lies with me, the wronged party.  This means that I have to let go of a grievance I carry about.  I am not going to "get even" or punish the other person, but maybe I will find peace that my grievance had kicked out of my heart.  I want to be at peace with myself, and this might require some letting go, which is not always just about being silent.  Look for a common ground, a middle ground, a place of moderation where some things might be resolved simply by my action and conduct around that person.  At times, the other person changes not at all, nor admits anything.  But I have let go of resentment, and have moved not only into acceptance but into a heartfelt serenity.  When my happiness requires that others meet my wants or needs, and be more perfect than they are for me, I have set myself up for much inner and maybe outer turmoil.  And sometimes I just walk away, far away.  And if I am missed it might be more for what I provided them, than for myself.  

No comments:

Post a Comment