Monday, September 20, 2021

expert

 I am not an expert on spirituality or the interior life.  I think of myself as always a beginner.  Why?  It keeps me open to new ideas, ways of seeing the same thing in a different perspective, and reminding me of things that I had been neglecting.  It is also a relief to be non-professional, a practitioner and not a complete expert.  I don't have to worry so much about doing a perfect blog whatever that my look like.  Sometimes there is a typo that I miss.  So be it.  Since the pressure is off, I can keep doing this, and from time to time even contradict myself when something new strikes me.  And it can keep the ego in check.  So you don't have to be prefect in what you do or even like to do.  If you were perfect you would stop learning.  I know people who are not interested in anything new.  They just keep reading and talking to people who agree with them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment