Saturday, September 18, 2021

Freedom

 The spiritual journey is really a path to freedom.  It releases us from the captivity to self-centeredness.  I  hear people who are not on a spiritual path say that this is a free country and they can do what they want.  They are slaves to self.  With a spiritual path we discover what is called the "common good."  We are part of one another and our freedom is to be able to fulfill obligations, not to have rights to do what we please.  This is so obvious in addictive people.  Their addictive behavior prevents them from fulfilling a lot of obligations.  They are not trustworthy.  And they generally are all about self.  I try to  keep on the spiritual path practice, for it is so easy to fall back onto self, me and mine.  When I fall back I become lonely, isolated, disconnected.  How does my action affect those around me? is a question I have to ask frequently.  It keeps me honest.  

No comments:

Post a Comment