Friday, September 10, 2021

The Choice

 If you ask me why I made the choice to live in this monastery and practice this way of life and prayer, I would say it is not the right question.  Why?  Well, I did not make the choice.  God made the choice for me to be here and I am following that Energy.  When you sense or feel that you are in the right place or space or activity, I suggest that you do not ponder why you chose it.  I might rather be that you have responded to being chosen for this in the here and now.  Which means that there might be a power around and in your life that is other than you.  Faith need not always be about a believing in someone or something, but rather a response to something that is right for you.  We can make too much of dogma and little of action.  Faith is a response to rather than a belief in.  

3 comments:

  1. I love this. Thanks for sharing your heart, Father Ryan - I never fail to grow from your blogs. :) Hugs across the miles and wishes for a fall colors weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found this blog and have high hopes for it to continue. Keep up the great work, its hard to find good ones. I have added to my favorites. Thank You. black tourmaline pendant

    ReplyDelete
  3. Among the lots of comments on your articles. Thanks for sharing. Turkey Visa Online

    ReplyDelete