Thursday, September 30, 2021

The Fruit

 Someone said, “Go out on a limb.  That is where the fruit is.”  Well, maybe being at this monastery, living this quite different life of a spiritual journey, is going out on a limb.  But when one goes out on a limb, one hopes that the branch does not break or that they do not fall.  In fact, we hope that someone or something has our back. I think of God as being the power supply when I go out onto this limb of a life I am leading. Thinking of trying to live a new life, not sure where it is going, but believing it will lead to the fruit you seek, we need trust and hope that we are not alone.  There were times when I did feel quite alone, hugging the truck or keeping my feet firmly on the ground.  I wasn’t going anywhere for sure.  But it was familiar.  Safety and security efforts can be that way.  But the fruit is when I seem more to abandon myself in trust and hope, and then action.  Climb out onto the limb.  

No comments:

Post a Comment