Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Co-Dependence

 The monastery community has revealed to me my co-dependence.  That is, my happiness, tranquility and peace depend upon the other monks shaping up and doing things the way they should be done.  I do not control or decide my happiness.  Others do.  I find that on any give day, I am suddenly attacked by co-dependence.  I am out of sorts because some monk did not do “the right thing.”  I know what is right and they did not do it.  Or, on another occasion, I feel ignored, and so get into a jag about being ignored.  My importance depends on what others do, say, think, and so on.  It is tough to be happy and at peace, when I have no say or power to make it happen.  I need a meeting!

1 comment:

  1. The Serenity prayer works wonders for me at any time when that happens to me. 3 times in a row while being mindful of my breathing helps me Let Go...no wonder most meetings start with it! 😄

    ReplyDelete