Sunday, October 30, 2022

Expectations

 I still get caught up in “being upset” that people don’t do as they should in my judgment.  Then I judge them according to their behavior.  I get upset.  Example: I thought I was in fit spiritual condition.  I walked into the kitchen four hours after I had left it following a meal I prepared for the monks.  They said they would clean up.  They did not do a good job.  The dish-washer was still on from four hours ago, dishes still unwashed, dirty water in the slop bucket, garbage not taken out.  I exploded, fortunately only to myself.  God did hear the swear words and invectives.  Purgatory awaits, if lucky.  I cleaned it all up.  Then I walked outside and the sun came out, the wind died and I relaxed enough to laugh at myself.  God puts up with far worse in me, than I do with others.  My spiritual condition is so out of shape.  Trudge on.  

1 comment: