Friday, October 14, 2022

Suffering

 I believe that in the Four Noble Truths of the Buddha, all life is suffering.  Suffering in itself has no power.  It does have power if it is caused by love.  Jesus on the cross, for instance, has power because his suffering is out of love in the Christian context.  I delude myself if I want to be loving, but without any suffering or pain.  I would be but a child or adolescent.  The grown up, if not delusional or infantile, knows that love at some point has suffering.  It cost us.  This moment is when we are truly on the spiritual path to becoming all that we are supposed to be.  

1 comment:

  1. I have congested heart failure and 2 types of sleep apnea. I offer it up to my Lord Jesus I have nothing to complain about when I wear my oxygen My Lord Jesus so much more than any of us realize I love him so much and our Dear Mother Mary

    ReplyDelete