Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Prayer Agenda

 Do you pray to try and get your god or power to make the world conform to your personal plans or wants?  I find that I do this at times. The shortcomings of this agenda in prayer is that I focus on the world out there being changed and not on my change.  I try now, more often, to open myself, call it surrender if you will, to God's plan to change me to become my better self.  I don't quite know what that will look like, but I believe the better me will be good for myself and those around me.  So it is a prayer of faith in an unknown future.  God has a plan, or opinion, of how I am supposed to be.  It is good for someone like me to always get a second opinion about my future.  Keeps me from letting self-centeredness, or bondage to self, ruin the future for me.  In recovery, it is called, "turning your will and your life over to your Higher Power."

4 comments:

  1. This is so good for me, too and it's just one of the gifts of sobriety. Your blog is one of my best tools to keep me balanced and growing, thank you Father Ryan. 🙏💕

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless them, change me.

    ReplyDelete