Monday, October 31, 2022

Therese

 Catholics have a special bond with one another.  It is the mass.  I have Catholic friends who say that they miss me and wish to be closer to me, but then they don’t attend Sunday mass.  The mass is what connects us though we are many miles apart.  We are all saying the same prayers, hear the same readings and offered the same communion.  This is what makes us one body.  It is the spiritual connection.  I have had people say they want to see me and when we are together all they talk about is themselves.  So I remind myself that when I am at mass in this mountain monastery, I am very connected with a body greater than myself, and hopefully, many of my Catholic friends.  

1 comment:

  1. The connection is one of the reasons I love my morning meditation practice. It connects me to God and Love; It connects me to my spiritual family who are also in recovery; it connects me with my family, and even strangers in the grocery store who also like to bring a cart in with them. For all of this, I am grateful beyond words. Thank you for sharing your light daily - you are a beacon to my heart. ❤️

    ReplyDelete