Saturday, October 15, 2022

Despair

 When you suffer a broken heart from some relational situation, do you despair?  That is, “I will never love or do this again because my heart was broken,” type despair?  I have seen it happen to people.  They had the best house, the best career job, the best partner, and then it was gone.  They despaired.  They tried to achieve no longer.  They reached no longer.  When I have been tempted to despair, I think of the Pieta.  What is that?  It is Mary, Jesus’ Mother, holding her dead son in her lap after he is taken down from the cross.  Her heart was broken but she did not despair.  Her life had changed, not ended.  God’s plan was not her plan.  After she buried her son, she has been at God’s plan gradually unfolding in her, ever since.  

No comments:

Post a Comment