Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Finding God

 Someone said, "I cannot find God.  I tried.  I searched around and could not come up with a god."  People have told me that they have even looked inside themselves in some meditation technique, hoping God would show up.  Nada.  I am familiar with this problem and process of search.  But one thing never occurred to me until lately.  I was looking for God inside me, when in truth, I was inside God.  I was surrounded by Power.  So when I close my eyes in meditation, it is dark.  But dark is not empty, just dark.  God is dark?  Yes, but God is a Light in the darkness.  That Light is me!  And you are the Light in your darkness.  

2 comments:

  1. You have been a beacon of light for me and am so thankful my sobriety connected me to you and your blog. 🙏 You've helped me light up too...thank you, Father Ryan. ❤️

    ReplyDelete