Friday, January 6, 2023

Backpack

 I go on a spiritual journey for self-discovery and a take along what I think I will need, like one does with a backpack when going into a wilderness.  As I go along, I find that my backpack of spiritual stuff, my thoughts, wisdom, learning from books and life experiences are now becoming a burden into the desert.  So I begin to empty out the pack of support.  I let go of pre-notions, my ideas, my wisdom and just try to be in the lightness of the moment, the self-emptying moment barren of thoughts, and imaginations, and plans of how this journey is to go.  The God of the Universe seems to prefer space for making things new.  My mind pays no attention to the bright stars of past success, or the explosions of past failures.  I stop walking and be.  The journey begins now.  

2 comments:

  1. Just what I needed and in a freeing visual. Thank you, Father Ryan.

    ReplyDelete