Sunday, January 29, 2023

Know How

I heard someone say, "I got so mad at someone that I drank at them!" In other words they went out and got drunk.  You might say that is pretty stupid, but wait.  Say that the person who went and got drunk was also an excellent plumber.  You, who are clueless about plumbing, no tools or experience.  You try to fix something in the plumbing area and make a mess.  You do stupid things because you don't have the know how.  The excellent plumber comes along and fixes your problem and then shows you how to do it from their experience.  So don't make fun of the drunk.  Their will power cannot stop drinking anymore than your willpower can fix the plumbing.  Tools and experience are lacking in each of you, be it plumbing or drinking.  There are tools for sobriety, 12 of them, and people who have the experience who can help the drunk.  I don't know how many tools one needs for all the plumbing issues.  But I know where to go and find out.  That is always the first step.  I am powerless over plumbing and my plumbing life is unmanageable at the moment.   

1 comment:

  1. Very profound Father Terry. I’m an alcoholic. Really makes me put things in perspective.

    ReplyDelete