Thursday, January 5, 2023

Thankless

 I ask myself, why are you being helpful?  Am I doing something so I will be praised? Rewarded by another?  Recognized as important?  Or because I judge others as too useless to do anything for themselves?  If any of these are reasons for being helpful, I will be quite unhappy, at least.  NO, I must do things of a helpful nature out of love.  People I help may be selfish, self-imploded, depressed, lazy, spoiled, or incompetent.  Are we not all imperfect in some way?  So I must do good for others out of love.  Will it change them?  That is not my job.  It will change me if I act out of love.  I am the only one I can work on, and even this needs a lot of outside, or inside help.  

1 comment:

  1. I really needed this reminder. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete