Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Work

 What I do may not in itself make me holy.  The work itself, is well, work.  But my attitude, what I bring to the work may make the work holy.  It has to do with attitude.  Say you are taking care of an elderly person, or a friend or a child/baby.  You think, "Oh, I am doing good  work and it will make me better/holy."  Maybe.  What is your attitude?  If you are resentful, manipulating to get your way, or hurry to complete the work, your mind on what is next, you and the person you are helping are not much better off.  Attitude, selflessness, care for how you do something all have to do with making you a better person.  You can be the garbage pickup person, mail deliverer, and an attitude of loving service will make you better.  It is how you do it and not just what you do that makes the difference.  Then the work becomes holy too  

1 comment: