Tuesday, January 24, 2023

The Embers

 I have periods of time when I am "breathing on the embers" to inflame something.  Like what?  Try resentment.  It may start out as a little spark, but then I give it attention.  I breathe on it to inflame the resentment.  I am "fired up" now and want to get justice, my way, their change, set them straight, and so on.  Sometimes, it starts out as a fiery resentment, filled with energy, but I catch hold of the waters in spiritual practice and douse the flame.  But it smolders.  I only took half-measures to be rid of the flame of resentment.  In time, I will breathe on it, attend to the spark and then the fire comes back.  I am full of resentment.  Are you this imperfect too?  I have friends who remind me of a better solution.  They are my fire department.  I call upon them.  I think my God likes me working with others.  Alone, my life is too hot.  

No comments:

Post a Comment