Monday, January 16, 2023

Heaven

What is heaven?  Where is it?  If you focus on those questions, at best, you will come up with some information to fill your brain, but not your soul.  And it will not change you for the better.  I like what someone said, "Heaven is the completion of my full humanity."  Again, become myself, as I am created to be, rather than someone else, or a disguise of myself.  The becoming myself is not about the separate me, the individualism of our day.  It is not about my "rights" to do as I please.  We have too many human flaws to be that free.  Growth has within it a response to obedience to someone or something.  It must be obedience that has my best interest, my growth at heart.  It might be a parent, an Abbot/Abbess in a monastery, a teacher or mentor or sponsor.  It may not be your boss in a job.  I don't know that we ever fully become oneself in this life, but we can have glimpses of it here.  Call it "Almost Heaven."  Who sang that song?   

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure who sings that song, but those are the first words of John Denvers 'Country Road, Take me home". Always makes my heart glow and I thank you for the reminder! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. You cannot have a king without a kingdom.
    Jesus is our king and his kingdom is heaven and he establishes his kingdom on earth with the building his church on a Rock,Peter and giving him the keys as his prime minister of the church.

    ReplyDelete