Friday, January 13, 2023

No Explaining

 When Mary got pregnant by the Holy Spirit, she did not explain it to Joseph.  I mean, what is there to say?  Is it not the same with faith?  Suddenly you have it.  What explanation can you give?  Faith is not earned.  It is not as if you can do some steps and voila, you believe!  Faith is sudden.  You surrender and accept it.  Then go on loving even though your life may continue with its absurdities at times, mistakes and irritations.  Faith is not about perfection.  That is he realm of the ego.  A Christian faith is really being impregnated within by the power of Christ Risen.  He lives within you.  I could never explain that.  I am thankful for the Josephs in my life who accept it, even if they don’t understand it.  Acceptance is a way that I can live out my faith with others, on their journey, which may not be exactly mine.  

No comments:

Post a Comment