Friday, January 27, 2023

Mercy

To be truly merciful is not because someone has earned mercy.  then it is not mercy.  Mercy is to deal with a relationship that has gotten way out of wack.  One person has acted in such a way that the relationship is way out of balance.  It is at the tipping point.  The person is not in a position to do anything to bring the relationship back into balance.  They are at a helpless point.  The one who shows mercy is at a hopeful point.  Mercy is to build back the bond that is needed to bring the two people together again.  Some people feel that they are a sucker if they show mercy. They think, it does no good.  Punishment is better.  Even when I have trouble showing mercy, I have a Power that can.  Thank God for my God.   I like the prayer, "Oh God, be merciful to me a sinner." 

No comments:

Post a Comment