Thursday, January 19, 2023

Ceaselessly

 Praying ceaselessly does not mean we sit and pray all the time, as if prayer is something separate from the rest of our day.  You can combine work and prayer.  How?  For instance, a recovering addict might be going about doing something they did not do when in their addiction.  They recall that it is only the grace of God that allows them to do this work.  So they are working and praying at the same time.  I go for a walk on a beautiful, sun-filled sky morning, 5 degrees, and realize that I did not make this beautiful morning.  I am enjoying my bundled up walk, praising the One who gave me this day.  Walk and pray.  Your car starts.  You have light traffic.  Roads are plowed.  Or you are in Florida, almost heaven, and you say, "Thank you."  Prayer amidst your tasks.  Is Florida really almost heaven in winter?  

5 comments:

  1. Noticing the " Little Big Things" throughout the day, and saying thank you, is something I'm forever grateful for. Another example of Love in action- what a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can even read and pray.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanking GOD for all his blessings I always say and for all the ones I forgot or haven’t acknowledged

    ReplyDelete
  4. Only if your from Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  5. florida is almost heaven when you you visit us

    ReplyDelete