Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Change

 To what degree has your faith penetrated and changed your very existence, your way of seeing and living life?  A Catholic might say to me that they now go to mass on Sunday.  OK.  But that is a bit like someone who says they are in recovery that they did not take a drink today.  Yes, a change, a good one, but not very deep.  A lot of the rest of your life, the way you see and experience daily life also needs to be penetrated and this takes a lot more work then some first steps.  First steps are called “first” because they imply subsequent steps, actions.  Some days I do the bare minimum, but I will not remain, much less grow, in a spiritual life on this pace.  Putting on my jogging clothes is not jogging.  It is an early step in the process.  Growth is work.  

3 comments:

  1. "Faith without works is dead" comes to mind. I have to participate in my growth, it doesnt happen on its own or by wishful thinking. 💫

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. I remember with great fondness those early steps and the way they propelled me into my present life..

    ReplyDelete