Thursday, July 4, 2024

Fireworks

 I hope this is a fun 4th of July for you.  As for its original meaning, the 4th, it is still a work in process.  I can tell how I am doing in this “equality” arena, by the degree of judgment I bring to people and situations.  I like the recovery meeting dynamic because people in that meeting soon enough will realize they are all the same.  Not so much in churches, neighborhoods, clubs and schools.  But the nice thing about fireworks is that everyone can see them.  Ethnicity, social standing, income, skin color, the fireworks are for everyone.  I am in San Francisco eating hot dogs and hamburgers from the grill outside our rectory living room.  One of the Paulist priests there specializes in this annual ritual.  I have to go down to the wharf to see the fireworks or look out beyond the tall buildings to see the sky light up over the Giants baseball stadium.  And I am sober, the best freedom of all!  

4 comments:

  1. Happy, sober, Independence Day, Father Ryan! 🎆🎇💖

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being in San Francisco is a treat.May God bless you today and all the other priests.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss San Francisco. I used to go sit at the Warf with my dog. It was the most relaxed I ever felt. Enjoy your day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to see you at OSM again!

    ReplyDelete