Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Purpose

 What is the purpose of my blog?  In part, it is to help people to find God, the experience, the verb, and not the God as in idea or object, thing.  I write a lot about addicts because if they are going to get well, they need to be on a spiritual path of some sort.  If  people are into a religious tradition, I think they need to find the God that is more than someone out there who they fear, or pray to for things.  God as out there, somewhere, a noun, is not a bad start.  We do it with children.  So my purpose is to move to a more adult, mature relationship with God.  This means that when you feel God is absent, it is really God in hiddenness or darkness.  Feelings about God do not go to a sufficient spiritual depth to be of use in dark times.  I keep running into people who do read me, so I think I am onto something for somebody.  

6 comments:

  1. You're a beacon of light and your blog helps me grow on the daily, thank you ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Fr Terry..I can't seem to feel God ..not trying hard enough

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chet Platt love your God talks, my old suite mate

    ReplyDelete