Monday, July 8, 2024

The Right Space

 I write this from mid-town Manhattan. I came here thinking I am “people who visit NY.”  Such envisioned people go around seeing this and that. stay active with all NY has to offer. I soon realized how the monastery was such a good fit for me. I am not “people” but rather myself. I prefer a smaller venue with less activity or things to do. The monastery would be boring to people who need a lot of outside stimulation. I don’t think the busyness of the place here suits me. I like the quiet, less people around and less stimulation. If I am to live in a bigger city I think San Francisco, a smaller, less busy, fewer people, would be more of a fit.  I just found a little park of trees and benches two blocks from this NY rectory. Quiet. Trees. Shade. I meditate. Perfect

2 comments:

  1. To me, the mountains contain a quieter busyness that doesnt come from people....where I want to slow down, tune in, and connect, to hear the nature within. I'm glad you found those trees. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. wherever you go...

    ReplyDelete