Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Maureen

My big sister Maureen died on this date in 2004 when she was only 64.  Maureen is a person who did a lot for the people who were in her life.  Since she was shy and enjoyed her routines, not a whole lot of people got to meet her.  But the ones who did were very much impressed with her talent, work ethic and commitment to her family, coworkers and friends.  Her office was very organized.  Things had there place, as did little brothers and Maureen was good at putting things and little brothers in their proper place.  She had a wonderful smile that attracted people to her and warmed a room.  Only if you were a little bratty brother who needed to be baby sat, did the smile disappear.  But she made me good.  And when I was ordained, I made her smile.  She taught me how to practice unconditional love.  That is a good thing for a priest to do.  She did it better and more consistently than I do.  You think maybe she is in heaven now?

2 comments:

  1. She did good with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe she is in heaven. And I love your Maureen stories. I am sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete