Saturday, April 8, 2017

Sunglasses

I like this analogy.  I carry around my sunglasses.  Where I live, we get some sun most days.  Just because the sun is not shining brightly does not mean I ditch my sunglasses.  When the sun does shine then I will have my sunglasses with me. I am vigilant about my sunglasses.  Prayer is like sunglasses.  Both are for everyday.  If I skip prayer when life is going my way, when times are not difficult, then when suddenly life gets messy, I won't have my prayer maintenance to fall back on. I will either scramble to pray, or just whine and complain about the situation.  Had I maintained some spiritual vigilance on a daily basis, I might find that what seems to be a mess, is simply an opportunity for growth outside of my plans for the day.  So I pray regularly, just like I carry around my sunglasses on a daily basis.  This way I am ready for the light.

2 comments:

  1. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! keep up the good work
    Sport Glasses & Eyewear

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s nice collection! I buy sunglasses online at store www.25880.com

    ReplyDelete