Saturday, April 15, 2017

Triduum

We are hip deep into the "Triduum."  What's that?  Well, yesterday was Good Friday and tomorrow is Easter Sunday.  Two days ago was Holy Thursday.  In short, Last Supper, Crucifixion, Resurrection.  There was a time when I skipped all this, and I was a believer, though none of my life then was predicated on any of these three events.  It was a three day weekend, and if I got away to camp or ski, I would not even notice a church or church-going people.  I and the religion of my youth were on a holiday.  So don't feel too badly if you are reading this and think, "Oh, is it Easter?"  It happens.  Even if you have no faith or a slumbering one, do some spiritual practice that is good for your body.  Rumor has it, that God had a body just like yours at one time and let it get trashed out of love.  Then there was Resurrection and that body sure changed from trashed to new life.  So I have heard.  What I do know, is that I once trashed my body, or let it get trashed, and I got Resurrected.  So I feel a kinship with this Jesus Christ.  Each day is an Easter for me, celebrating new life.  Happy Triduum!

No comments:

Post a Comment