Saturday, May 19, 2018

School Lessons

Ms.  Dubois and all the other teachers in our Catholic schools, forget about teaching Catechism.  Kids forget that stuff.  I have a new practical curriculum.  My sample for this are my 93 years old friends who are twins.  They don't remember the seven deadly sins or the gifts and fruits of the Spirit.  But this is what they remember and kids need to know for a lifetime.  If you get cramps in your legs when you wake up, then have a bar of Ivory Soap in your bed.  Rub it on the cramps and they go away.  Also, drink Dill pickle juice and cramps go away.  Baking soda is good for many things, such as cleaning out stained coffee pots, odors in refrigerators and cleaning lots of other things.  If you have shingles, then sit in a warm tub of water with baking soda sprinkled into the water and the shingle pain goes away as will the blotches on your body.  The twins are 93 and that is what they remember from early life lessons.  God loves us even if we are ignorant of catechism, but why suffer cramps, stained coffee canisters and shingles!  If I preached this from the pulpit, I would be looking for work. 😍

1 comment:

  1. Reminds me of my grandmother. She could not tell you about Luther's catechism, but she could sure make and share the best cookies! She was a good and caring friend too.

    ReplyDelete