Sunday, January 6, 2019

Dracula

My recovery from having my face fried is into its second full day as of this writing.  I resemble Dracula insofar as I am not able to go outside into the light or else I will have bad things happen to me.  Remember that Dracula would suffer a permanent death if he went out other than in the night.  so I go out at night or early morning.  So I can go for a power walk in the dark at 5:30 AM and I can go out at night to meetings or church or fun.  So far, no one seems to want to have fun with my Dracula face.  But I am hopeful that tolerance will prevail.  In time, I may peel, but be able to go out in the light with sunscreen and moisturizer.  With peeling skin I will resemble a Zombie risen from the dead, but not Dracula.  So, what is the lessen.  There are several.  Be patient and trust in the process.  I am not powerless.  I can put on moisturizer and use moisturizing/hydrating cleanser to wash my face.  I get power from listening to the experts and following directions.  Someone always knows more than you.  Be humble, listen and act.  I have learned that if you are going to be inside, but not bedridden, have good books and Netflix.  Thanks to my niece in Florida I have the latter, and from the local library I have the former.  And find friends who will bring you cappuccino.  Maybe you are a tea person.  Oh, I just learned, the hard way, that if you are stuck where you are away from the refrigerator which is near while lit windows, have friends bring you salad with protein or else you will have to wait until dark, and starving, to have anything to eat since your early breakfast.  I am starving at the moment with but access to a yogurt.  But life is a learning process.  Whining will not make things better.  This is a reporting blog, not a whining blog.  My stomach is growling!

No comments:

Post a Comment