Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Uniqueness*

Now and again, the God of my understanding has to save me from “Uniqueness.”  When I am in the throws of feeling unique, I break out into two allergy moods.  One, is whining and self-pity because I think I am the only one who suffers whatever is bothering me.  “I am the only one who has this problem, or suffers this misery,” is how I speak to myself and anyone who would listen to me.  The other mood is resentment, anger and judgment that I am not treated as someone who is more special than everyone else, or my specialness deserves special accolades.  Because I suffer from the tide of uniqueness, I have joined a recovery group of other people who have the same condition.  When I meet with them we talk about our life and find that we are not so unique.  We all suffer from time to time and we all feel ignored from time to time.  In other words, we are not so unique as we think when we are a sample of one.  The power of God is at work when I listen to others.  One of the best ways to counter some bad thinking is to find other people who suffer the same malady.  It is call recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment