Saturday, January 5, 2019

Meatless Fridays

I knew that the bishops of the United States wrote a “pastoral letter” on Peace in the World in which they supported nuclear disarmament.  It was controversial at that time.  But since I neve read the letter I missed the part where they encouraged a return to “meatless Fridays” for Catholics.  Well, maybe there is no world peace because I did not return to skipping meat on Fridays.  I only abstain when I absolutely have to in my church.  Maybe that makes me mediocre, but I think there are many other reasons for my mediocrity in practice of religion.  I never liked Friday abstaining from meat.  When I grew up, supper was so boring and tasteless.  We ate fish sticks which had hardly anything close to a fish in it.  No one cooked fish in my home when I was young.  I suppose now I could start eating some good fish on Fridays, among other stuff.  Maybe tofu.  Well, maybe not since I don’t know what to do with that gob of tofu to make it tasty.  I can do fish, shrimp, scallops and pastas.  Maybe it will contribute to world peace.  What do you eat on Fridays?

No comments:

Post a Comment