Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Luminary

Luminaries are lit candles that sit inside of paper bags.  They are used to light pathways.  You often see them at Christmas season.  They are basically paper lanterns, so they are fragile.  I would like to be a luminary, a fragile person, who can also light the way for someone else on their search for safety, home, spiritual journey.  Think of yourself as a possible luminary.  You are always enough for someone else who is in their own darkness.  I have to keep the candle of my life lit so that I can be of use to others.  Being fragile simply means that I have to work at staying on the path myself.  Moderation might be a goal.  Too much flame and the paper bag will burn up and the wind will douse the exposed candle flame.  Some daily spiritual practice and then activity in the world of my fellows is a good balance.  Light my fire!  Maybe this fragile blog is a luminary for someone today.

1 comment: