Sunday, January 20, 2019

My Plans

If you are a Jew or a Christian, or someone trying to stay sane and sober, I don't know why you get so bummed out when your plans are not working out.  When the Israelites left Egypt, they ended up by a river and Pharaoh's brigades were about to slaughter them.  Not to worry.  That was the parting of he Red Sea.  See the Charlton Heston movie about Moses if you want to know more.  As for the Christians, the disciples of Jesus got into a boat without him, and started across the Lake, a big Lake. A big wind and storm comes up and it looks like they are goners.  Then Jesus comes along, walking on water, and gets into the boat.  He tells them not to be afraid, and the storm shuts off.  All the Twelve Steppers know that fear is no good.  Hope is a good virtue to have in the storms of life.  I have come to see that my plans are simply mine.  I am a singular vote for my plans to become a reality. There are powers greater and wiser than me, who have my back.  I often encounter this Power in the darkness of my own mess.  The dawn is after the night.

1 comment:

  1. "I am a singular vote for my plans..." Well that sure hits the nail on the head!! So true, so true, and well put.

    ReplyDelete