Tuesday, January 29, 2019

My Life Is Over

"My life is over," I have heard said now and again.  What I have found this to mean is that my plans, my way of living, the day to day, my self-identity connected to my plans, is over.  This "life" is never ended by me, but rather by someone or something else over which my power and will can do nothing.  These strong outside forces are what closes one door, but then allows for another door to open.  Sometimes the path we are on has a shelf life.  It has an end.  It becomes an out of date way of living.  This allows us to move.  The "end" of something might be the gift of growth into something we would not have chosen if we could have stayed in our old path, or rut.  If I am on a Spiritual path then  its outward display need not always be the same.  Fear of change can be a great obstacle to becoming all we are meant to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment