Thursday, January 17, 2019

Help Or Hinder

Many of us are on a journey.  There is the obvious spiritual journey.  But there is the journey of simply trying to grow up, to move from one level of maturity and physical growth, to something more evolved.  Then there is the journey of career, relationship, education and so on.  I ask myself where I am in relation to all the people who are on these journeys?  Am I a hindrance or a resource?  Am I a roadblock or am I a pointer, a place to stop and rest, a guide, emergency help?  Each day I make this choice.  If I do not work on my spiritual program, live a healthy lifestyle of rest/food/exercise/nurture supportive friendships, I will become a hindrance before I even see it coming.  I will make a rash remark, a judgement, complain, act out a resentment, be filled with jealousy, none of which will be helpful to anyone trying to get somewhere in their growth.  My bad behavior does not just block my growth.  It affects those around me.  So if you do work on your own spiritual growth, you will  be better able to live and let live when you come upon someone like me who is in rut.  Think of “First things first.”  Take care of you each day and you will be able to be a resource as well as not stumble over someone who is a roadblock.  I hope my blog is not a stumbling point!

No comments:

Post a Comment