Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Who Is Driving

I think of my spiritual practice like driving a car.  When I ignore my God connection it is like me driving the car  of my life and it is out of control.  It swerves into places that are not good for me.  My will turns the car in all the wrong directions. I get lost, or end up wrecked.  So I don’t drive the car. I move into the passenger seat and let God drive the car.  I ask, “Where do you want to take me God on this day?”  I let God direct the car, where I go, and what comes from these destinations. That is prayer.  Prayer is letting God drive the car.   I stop directing my life and let God do it.  I ask for God’s will, not mine.  I wait patiently in the prayer. My life is most manageable when I don’t try and manage it all by myself.  I am a bad driver of my life when left to my own devices and will.  When I awake and get into the driver seat of my life right away, the day will be a wreck.  So I wake up and make sure I spend some time in the passenger seat of my life.  I gave up my self-will run driver’s license some time ago.  Who is driving your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment