Thursday, January 24, 2019

The Star

Where is the star in your life?  Say what?  Well, the Magi in the Christmas story are following a star.  They are searchers, always open to a deeper life, challenged to grow through darkness to new light.  Remember that they do not know where they are being led.  The roads are bad but they will not be deterred.  They even lose sight of the star and have to ask for some advice, and direction.  Then they see the star again and follow it to a house where they find a mother and child.  They trust that they have arrived and offer the gift of themselves and other symbols.  What does this all mean for us?  First, I must be a searcher for a deeper life, and open to the arduous challenge to grow, even when I am not sure of the way.  This means I must have hope and trust in whatever spiritual path I follow.  At times I have to stop and ask for advice, seek direction.  People in twelve step programs, religions, spiritual traditions all do this as part of their journey.  For me it would be sacraments, meetings, meditation, and doing it all even in times when I am not sure where it is all going.  So, where is your star? You are a gift waiting to be given.

1 comment: