Monday, January 28, 2019

Priority

What do you make a a priority in your life?  Duty? Job? Exercise? Prayer?  Meetings?  Many of us think that we ought to prioritize according to what we deem necessary/important, whatever that might be.  It can get a bit fuzzy as to what that is.  So I try to prioritize according to what gets me out of bed, what energizes me so that I can then go on to do the more mundane and routine things or the deadline things in my life.  Each morning when I wake up I have an instinct for what hat is.  Sometimes it is a run, or reading scripture or mediation or a meeting with friends.  But I try not to start with the mundane, the deadline, the routine unless they energize me.  I like monastery life because what they do so early in the morning does energize me.  Maybe it is the food?  Anyhow, maybe my blog energizes you?  One can only hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment