Thursday, September 29, 2016

Brooding

Brooding over something is a great shot-term solution.  Like all short-term solutions it might feel good for a while but it does not solve much else.  I think I am justifiably angry when in fact I am just feeling sorry for myself that the world is not as "it should be."  Brooding is kind of a dry response to my thirst for water to quench the emptiness that is within me.  I may be unaware that I have this hole within me.  I only know that the world is not as I think it ought to be in my life.  At the end of the day, when I examine my conscience and look over my emotional life for that day, I generally see the truth.  If I am lucky, I did not act on my brooding that day, so I don't have to apologize to anyone for actions.  This is when I realize that God has been with me the whole time, that I did not act in a harmful way to anyone else.  Why should others be punished by me for my not getting my way?

No comments:

Post a Comment