Monday, September 5, 2016

Mother T

I doubt that I will ever do the work that Mother Teresa, St. Mother Teresa, did in India.  But what does challenge me is in the world of prayer.  She said that if she became a saint she would be the "saint of darkness."  For many years she carried on her difficult work while her prayer life had no feeling for the presence of God.  That is her greatest miracle to me.  So many of us will pray as long as it makes us feel good, or at least feel the presence of God.  I hope that Mother Teresa will be praying for me the next time I feel blah when at prayer, so that I don't give up.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you. She was a very persistent lady. She prayed when she probably did not believe in a God.

















    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very useful to me. I'm in a dry spell
    every morning when I pray and lately I wonder if I should do something different. I keep doing it and now, even though I'm no Saint Mother Theresa, I feel better about keeping with it.

    ReplyDelete